Hot Off The Presses Funny
11 Real Life Netflix Places You Need To Visit
Did You Know
- There have been more than 42,000 searches for the location of the acclaimed series Stranger Things
- Super fans of Sex Education now have the chance to stay in the famous red wooden house where Otis and his mother live, with more than 13,000 searches for the location
- The location for smash-hit Spanish series Money Heist has surprisingly been searched for the least with just 740 average searches a month. Second to last is Orange is the New Black with 1,110 Google searches
I don’t know about you, but I have been pretty hard-core binge watching everything Netflix has to offer ever since the day I found out my kids and husband were going to be home all….day…..every….day. The stay-at-home guidelines that were put in place this March, created a skyrocket in Netflix subscriptions. And for good reason! Netflix is the place to stream the hottest shows and movies. So you can see. I’m not the only one escaping reality with a little Netflix now am I?
I have watched nearly every show on Netflix and let me tell you. I am obsessed with some of these locations. I want to visit where Stranger Things was filmed! And Peaky Blinders? Beam Me There NOW Scotty! Did you know that these are actual places that you can visit? Here’s a list of 11 Real Life Netflix Places You Need To Visit!
OnBuy put together 11 of the most successful and watched Netflix shows and found out the volume of people searching for the show and the location using SEO tool SEMrush to determine the most popular filming locations.
#1 Stranger Things
- Stone Mountain Cherokee Loop Trail, Georgia, USA
The location was used for a number of memorable scenes including when the boys are first seen walking the tracks with Eleven. Search “Stone Mountain Hiking Trail” on Instagram.
#2 Top Boy
- Samuda Estate, Isle of Dogs, UK
The Summerhouse Estate changed from its original location at Heygate Estate to Samuda Estate when the series moved from Channel 4 to Netflix. Search “Samuda Estate” on Instagram.
#3 Sex Education
- University of South Wales: Caerleon Campus, Newport, UK
The former campus site was used as the Moorland High School where all the characters attended.
Some exciting news for Sex Education fans is that the 100-year-old, Norwegian, wooden house where Otis and his mother Jean live, will soon be available to rent as a holiday accommodation! Search “@thechaletsymondsyat” on Instagram.
#4 Money Heist
- Spanish National Research Council, Madrid, ESP
The filmmakers were not allowed to film outside the Royal Mint of Spain for security reasons, so they used the Spanish National Research Council’s exterior instead. Search “CSIC” on Instagram.
#5 Peaky Blinders
- Powis Street, Liverpool, UK
- Lake Allatoona & Lake Lanier, Georgia, USA
#7 The Haunting of Hill House
- Bisham Manor, Georgia, USA
- Logos Bookstore, New York, USA
#9 After life
- 48 High Street, Hemel Hempstead, UK
#10 Black Mirror: Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too
- Constantia, Cape Town, SA
#11 Orange is the New Black
- Rockland Children’s Psychiatric Hospital, New York, USA
*Picture Credit – Photo one: Shutterstock: Ysbrand Cosijn / Photo two: Shutterstock: Paolo Certo
Read More Funny
This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own. Some of the fondest memories I have of my childhood were of camping every summer with scouts. Perhaps it was the fresh mountain air or more than likely the cooked-over-an-open-flame-camp-food as to why I loved camping so much as a kid. Now that I am…
Wacky Hair FTW! Everyone’s favorite lovable, singing, wacky-haired trolls are back at it again! For the first time ever in these unprecedented times, the full-feature Dreamworks Animation film that was set to be released in theaters nationwide, opened up in families living rooms through video on demand instead. If you are like the Funny Fam…
You’ve heard the stories, but have you read the results of the Always Eat After 7pm diet? Click on over to read the results for yourself!