The Irritating Smallish Things in My Life

We all have them. Those irritating, smallish things that happen everyday that can drive us into insanity on a four-wheeler. I have collected a few of mine from around my house to share.

The untied curtain ties:
nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The little boys bedroom that is never clean:

The Pillows that are never on the couch correctly:

nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The Pillows that are never on the couch correctly:

nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The dust that gathers:

The cat litter outside of the box:

nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The messy counter top:
nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The messy counter top:
nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The messy counter top:
nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The couch cushions never on straight:

nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The stairs that are never clear of junk:
nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The unwashed bottles:

The one light bulb that is always out:

The dog that begs:
nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

My un-made bed:

nuances, irritating things, messy house, pet peeves

The books that are never on the shelf:

The cumbersome vacuum that never gets put back downstairs:

And lastly,

The toilet paper that’s never put on correctly:

What happens around your house that drives you nuts?

Comments

1. Nancy says

One of the things that drives me NUTS is the trash can that never seems to get emptied or never has the ability to STAY empty ! lol

2. Jasmine Forte says

Where can I start?!?!? The shoes that never get put away! The bbq sauce on the kiddie table! The endless piles of mail that fill every drawer and NEVER get shredded! THE STRAW WRAPPERS FROM JUICE BOXES ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! ARGH!

3. Anne Louise Bannon says

Good lord, where do I start? The piles and piles of paper that seemingly breed overnight. The empty glasses and candy wrappers left all over. The dog and cat hair that never seems to want to be swept. The toilet paper that gets put on the spindle wrong – and BTW – yours *is* on the correct way. ;-)

4. Disney Sisters says

Hang in there! Most of those smallish things will get better as your kids get bigger and one day we will all look back and wish we could pick up one more toy or wash one more bottle. But for now, we hear ya- it’s enough to drive any mom c-r-a-z-y!!!

5. Pattie says

My desk. It drives me insane, but I’m too busy to do anything about it! I hate the trash, any dirty dishes left behind, the TV that swivels and is not positioned in the center, the screen door that doesn’t close correctly, the shower door left open, the lights being left on, etc.

6. Shannon Bradley-Colleary says

I love this post Desiree. I love it love it love it. I’m irritated by the area rugs that are always flipped over and show the rubber mat underneath. I’m irritated by my bedroom curtains which are falling apart. I’m irritated by the crooked picture frames in our hallway. I’m irritated about all the things you said. I’m irritated about wet towels hung places they’re not supposed to go. I’m irritated that there isn’t enough shelf space for my kids’ books. I know there’s more, but I’m starting to sweat and froth at the mouth. Thank you for sharing yours.

7. Presley's Pantry says

These pictures look like my house….. The thing that is always driving me nuts is every cushion from the couch thrown around our living room in a scatter of musical toys that are blasting either the ABC’s or some awful techno guitar sound.