With 2013 well underway, I have made a promise to myself to create healthier home-made meals for my family. So often, we get so busy that picking up takeout has become more common than eating home-cooked meals. I have searched through my cookbooks and recipes to find easy, healthy and delicious meals that I know my family will love.
Eating healthfully does not necessarily mean eating like a rabbit! Did you know that by simply replacing ground beef with ground turkey you’re cutting the fat content tremendously in your dish. You’re not losing any flavor by replacing ground turkey in your recipe; ground turkey is indistinguishable in almost any dish. Also, anytime you can add beans to your families mealtime repertoire is also healthy and beneficial. Beans are a protein-rich super food. Tomatoes are also jam-packed with vitamins and minerals.
I recently made one of my favorite go-to-on-a-cold-winter-day dishes that combines ground turkey, protein-rich beans and tomatoes: Chili! Surprisingly to some, chili is a very healthy dish that is packed full of healthy protein, fiber and vitamins.
When I cook my awesome turkey chili recipe I use only Classico crushed canned tomatoes. Classico canned tomatoes are 100% all-natural, always packed fresh with no preservatives and are naturally delicious. Classico canned tomatoes have a fresh, real tomato taste that cannot be compared to any other canned tomatoes on the market; they really are that awesome.
What makes an easy recipe to me is using just a few ingredients with just a few easy steps.
For this easy turkey chili recipe all you need is:
1 can of Classico crushed tomatoes
1 can of low sodium kidney beans
1 can of low sodium chili beans (or pinto beans if you prefer)
4 tsp. of chili powder
pepper and/or seasonings to taste.
What will result is absolutely rib-sticking healthy and delicious! I have included an easy printable recipe at the bottom of this post, so feel free to print and use!
- 28 oz. can Classico Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 package Ground Turkey
- 1 15 oz. can low sodium Kidney Beans (undrained)
- 1 15 oz. can low sodium Chili Beans (undrained)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Chili Powder (use less for mild, use more for spicy)
- 1 Teaspoon Southwest Essence Seasoning
- Pepper to Taste
- Cook ground Turkey in skillet until done. Season ground Turkey with pepper and Southwest Essence seasoning to taste (I like lots, so I added lots).
- Combine Classico Crushed Tomatoes, Kidney beans, Chili beans and Chili Powder is large pot.
- Add cooked ground Turkey
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with warm, fresh bread and Enjoy!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Classico #cbias #SocialFabric #CookClassico All opinions about my awesome chili are my own.