A Change of Scenery
Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery. When I feel the itch of boredom, I head for the ocean. But that’s only because the ocean is a 15 minute drive away from here. Now that the kids are getting a little bit older, I’m looking to stretch our travelling legs just a bit and go just a bit outside of our comfort zone. Ever since I was a little girl it has been a dream of mine to stay in a castle. But not just any castle, a real castle. Now it’s actually possible thanks to HomeAways list of top 20 castles. With properties ranging from centuries old historical landmarks to lakeside estates, HomeAway offers a breathtaking 2017 Castle Collection that offers accessible elegance with castles starting at $20 per night a person. This is a sponsored post, all opinions are our own.
Get HomeAway From It All
HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals featuring more than 2 million unique places to stay available in 190 countries worldwide, debuted its Castle Collection in celebration of Disney’s newest live-action film, “Beauty and the Beast.” There is a HomeAway vacation rental for everyone – from budget to luxury, city to rural, mountains to beaches and now, even castles.
The 2017 HomeAway Castle Collection
HomeAway offers castles that can house up to 120 guests, but never fear, the collection has been carefully curated to accomodate groups of all sizes. With more than 900 castles available on Homeaway.com, other criteria for the list include castles in a variety of locations; castles to fit all types of fairy-tale dreams, from rustic to luxurious; and castles with storied pasts to make vacationers feel like they’ve traveled back through time. A sampling from the top 20 list includes:
- Castle of Lisheen (Ireland): A restored 19th-century castle is located in central Ireland in County Tipperary, making it an ideal location to access many of the historic sites of Ireland on a day trip basis. $66 per person, per night.
- Pavillon du Chateau de Tocqueville (France): The Pavillon du Chateau de Tocqueville is the former home to 19th-century French diplomat Alexis de Tocqueville; its five bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms overlook the surrounding gardens and lakes. $68 per person, per night.
- California Castle (US): The Piru Castle is north of Los Angeles, on 10 acres nestled between two canyons. This historic landmark offers accommodations for up to 20 people. $25 per person, per night.
- Castle Wasserburg (Austria): The romantic moated castle is near Vienna and the Danube landscape of Wachau, which is famous for its vineyards, monastery, castles and small old villages and perfect sightseeing tours. $100 per person, per night.
- Castle Sédaiges (France): Dating back to the Middle Ages, this castle has remained in the same family and has many of its original furnishings, such as tapestries by King Louis XVI. $41 per person, per night.
HomeAway Castle Contest with Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
HomeAway is teaming up with Disney to celebrate Beauty and the Beast by giving one lucky winner and 20 of his or her chosen guests an unprecedented #HomeAwayCastle stay experience in Scotland this summer.
To enter, visit the HomeAway Beauty and The Beast giveaway. The contest runs from February 9th until March 31st.