Get Ready Los Angeles To Celebrate One Of The Best Films Of The Year!
In celebration of the home entertainment release of the Academy Award and Golden Globe-winning music-filled masterpiece La La Land, Lionsgate kicks off “La La Land Week” in Los Angeles with Mayor Eric Garcetti who will declare Tuesday, April 25, “La La Land Day” and honor Damien Chazelle for his extraordinary portrait of the city and its iconic locations. To mark the occasion, BANDALOOP aerial dancers will perform a medley of dances inspired by the film high up on the façade of City Hall. We received a review copy of the film, all opinions are our own.
The festivities will continue all day with additional activities taking place throughout the city of Los Angeles including:
- Grand Central Market will hold a La La Land dance lesson at 10am at 317 S. Broadway in downtown.
- 3rd Street Dance will offer La La Land themed Dance Class at their 8558 West 3rd St. location.
- Kyle Chan Design will display the jewelry that Academy Award Best Actress winner Emma Stone wears in the film at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Ste 114. The first three people to come in and buy La La Land jewelry will take home a Blu-ray of the film.
- Brits in LA will host a “Brits in La La Land” Breakfast at Cecconis on “La La Land Day” and give away free breakfast to the first 20 people who share an image that best represents #LaLaLand to them and why.
- The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising will have their final day of display of the La La Land costumes in their museum, along with the unveiling of the La La Land inspired costume design contest winner.
Boogie Down to Seb’s!
Jazz bars across the country will be transformed into “Seb’s” on April 25, for one night only, including Long Beach’s “The Blind Donkey” (149 Linden Ave), the original location for “Seb’s” in the film, featuring live music, themed drinks and a full size Seb’s neon sign. Additional area taverns will also celebrate with La La Land themed nights featuring ‘enter to win’ boxes with Blu-rays offered as prizes. Bars include:
- Light House Café – 30 Pier Ave, Hermosa Beach, CA
- No Vacancy – 1727 N. Hudson Ave. Los Angeles, CA
- Bar One – 12518 Burbank Blvd. North Hollywood, CA
La La Land Week in Los Angeles
The celebration will continue throughout the week, including a themed night at “Paint and Sip” (351 S. La Brea Ave, 2nd Fl.) on Friday, April 28, a screening with Street Food Cinema at LA State Historic Park on Saturday, April 29 and a lamppost dedication ceremony at Hermosa Pier on Sunday, April 30.
If you can’t celebrate during LA LA LAND week, check out LA LA LAND IN CONCERT: A LIVE-TO-FILM CELEBRATION taking place at Los Angeles’ iconic Hollywood Bowl on Memorial Day weekend Friday, May 26 and Saturday, May 27. Composer Justin Hurwitz will conduct his Oscar-winning score and Oscar-winning song “City of Stars” (with lyrics by Benj Pasek & Justin Paul) performed live-to-film by a 100-piece symphony orchestra, choir, and jazz ensemble, accompanying the film’s original vocal recordings.
Written and directed by Academy Award winning director Damien Chazelle and starring Oscar Best Actor nominee Ryan Gosling and Oscar Best Actress winner Emma Stone, La La Land tells the story of Mia, an aspiring actress, and Sebastian, a dedicated jazz musician, who are struggling to make ends meet in a city known for crushing hopes and breaking hearts. Set in modern-day Los Angeles, this original musical about everyday life explores the joy and pain of pursuing your dreams. La La Land is an uplifting and heartwarming story that we adore and we know you will too!
La La Land will be available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital HD), Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital HD), DVD and On Demand April 25 from Lionsgate.