Familiar is an easy, private social picture sharing online service. Since the website’s launch in November of 2011, users have shared over 20 million photos with loved ones. With the intent to help people everywhere experience photos with those they care about most, Familiar is delivering on its promise.
Familiar turns desktop computer, iPads and smart phones into a digital picture frame with a few simple clicks. Completely fool proof and easy to use, everyone in the family will benefit from its social photo album service.
Familiar is private! Photos added can only be seen by your chosen connections. The user is always in complete control of the images shared.
Familiar is available on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire!
Top 5 Reasons Why Familiar is Useful:
- Easy – Familiar.com is designed with ease in mind, navigating the steps is a breeze and is completely manageable even for the less “tech savvy”.
- Effortless – With just a few simple clicks, photos can be shared easily with loved ones. Familiar is also compatible with popular photo sharing services: Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, and SmugMug.
- Safe – Send photos directly to the screens of your family. Photos are delivered privately to their desktop, screensaver, tablet, and smartphone.
- Time saving – Uploading pictures to Familiar.com is quick and easy, no long wait uploading times with attaching files to emails and no reduced photo quality.
- Portable Photo Sharing – No longer will grammy need to carry around an extra photo album to show off her grands, tech grammy can just pull out her smart phone instead!
The advantage of Familiar to me is that I am a self-proclaimed “mamarazzi” and I take hundreds of thousands of pictures of my kids. I got into the habit of sharing them on Facebook so friends and family could share in our adventures and home life, but I soon realized that not all photos are for public consumption. Sometimes booty pictures or bath time pictures should only be shared safely with your inner circle.
Familiar also allows for a screen saver feature, which I absolutely adore. Watching photos of my kids pop up from my Familiar photo collection and those of my families is really endearing, especially when a baby picture pops up.
I highly suggest you give Familiar.com a try. You’ll love it!
I wrote this review as part of a campaign by HerReview on behalf of Familiar.com However, all opinions expressed are my own.