Toy Trains, Santa Claus and White House Traditions
In the spirit of White House Christmas traditions past and present, the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda is opening its doors after hours for special Candlelight Evenings every Wednesday night this holiday season. We were invited to attend and we had a magical evening, all opinions are our own.
A Spectacular Evening
During the spectacular evening we were able to explore the special holiday display: a whistling White House Wonderland! This exhibit is a 10-foot mountain of model trains whistling over bridges and through tunnels. The kids even had the opportunity to sit for photos with Santa Claus (with one included digital download) in the Oval Office! It was a FANTASTIC experience that you must do! He was a fantastic Santa Claus and he really took time to talk to each of the children. After a stroll outside with real candlelight we had a delight in live Christmas music in the magnificent White House East Room. First Lady Pat Nixon’s 1971 Gingerbread House Replica was on display which I loved. Children were invited to write letters and sign holiday cards for wounded warriors and Marines at Camp Pendleton, create festive Christmas ornaments to bring home for their tree, decorate sugar cookies and enjoy complimentary hot cocoa and coffee. These special events are a tribute to First Lady Pat Nixon’s legacy of opening the White House to the American people, along with her love of Christmas.
Included with admission:
- Explore the special holiday display, A Whistling White House Wonderland! The exhibit is back with a 10 foot mountain of model trains whistling over bridges and through tunnels
- Sit for photos with Santa Claus (One complimentary download included)
- Delight in live Christmas music by the Long Beach City College Evening Wind Symphony
- Admire First Lady Pat Nixon’s 1971 Gingerbread House Replica
- Write letters and sign holiday cards for wounded warriors and Marines at Camp Pendleton
- Create festive Christmas ornaments to bring home for your tree
- Decorate sugar cookies and enjoy complimentary hot cocoa and coffee
- PLUS: Discover the history of America’s 37th President in the Nixon Library’s award-winning presidential museum galleries.
Candlelight Evenings are sponsored by Pacific Mercantile Bank.
Live Entertainment Schedule:
Dec. 6th – Pizazz Quartet
Dec. 13th – Sweet Adellines
Dec. 20th – Preferred Blend Barbershop Quartet
Dec. 27 – To be announced
I can’t recommend the Candlelight Evenings at the Nixon Library enough! It was a very special experience that I hope becomes a family tradition. The music was lovely, the atmosphere was upscale yet comfortable and everyone was so friendly!
Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Adult Admission: $29
Child Admission (5-11): $16
Child Admission (under 5): Free
Member Adult Admission: $20
Member Child Admission: $10