I know what I am good at and I know what I like to eat. I am good at easy recipes using very few ingredients and I like to eat yummy, healthy food. And I have THE BEST easy homemade macaroni and cheese recipe for you. It’s so good, so creamy and so cheesy you will never want to eat mac & cheese out of a box again!
- 8 oz of Noodles
- 6-8 oz of Sharp American Cheese
- 1 Cup of Milk
- Butter (lots of butter!)
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Flour (just enough to make the rue)
- Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- Melt butter (approximately 1/4 cup) in Saucepan
- Add flour under medium to low heat and stir constantly.
- Cook butter and flour until thick and golden brown
- Add Milk
- Cook Butter, Flour and Milk until a gravy consistency. Stir constantly.
- This is your “roux” and the base of your cheese sauce.
- Add salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add cheese. Stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat
- Add noodles and stir.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Traditionally, Macaroni & Cheese is made with macaroni noodles, but just to spice it up and make it fun, I like making it with shell noodles. The kids get a kick out of it and it’s fun to eat!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! It’s a great super fast summer lunch:)